The Field Marketing team AMERICAS, as part of the Global Campaign team is looking for a Marketing Operations Specialist for our Greater Philadelphia office. The position will report to the Director of Marketing.
The Field Marketing team shapes the awareness of Serrala in the regional market as well as the lead relevant go-to-market activities. This business-critical activity will identify, prioritize and deliver campaign topics based on the business strategy and corporate growth areas. Go-to-market campaigns will serve a clear lead generation focus; corporate campaigns will pay into image and awareness. As part of our global campaign team, we have a strong focus on (virtual) conference and (digital) events to help deliver on our pre-defined KPIs.
Marketing Operations Specialist
Serrala offers the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD & LTD, Life Insurance effective on your 1st day
- 401k with a company match of 4%
- 17 days of PTO/11 Company holidays
- Remote Flexibility
- Great company culture and team dynamic
Click here to apply
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sets up, and monitors a wide range of multi-layered marketing campaigns including designing the email format, segmenting the database and dashboard and report building
- Takes ownership of specific field campaigns and manages the rollout as well as the measurement of campaign results against predefined KPIs.
- Breaks down campaigns into dedicated tactical marketing activities (for example, mailings, webinars, events etc.) and ensures alignment with the content team, corporate communications and digital marketing team.
- Project management of campaign execution, including collaboration within Marketing & Communications and across units
- Responsible to measure, report and optimize campaign effectiveness and ROI of individual marketing programs and instruments
- Integrate marketing automation and intelligence into each activity and program
- Assists with the production and execution of all trade, user, corporate and web-based events
- Ownership of specific events in the annual campaign calendar
- Performs a wide range of administrative tasks to support the daily operations of the marketing organization
- Deliver regular reports of campaign results, including web analysis and evaluation of KPIs
- Prepare and deliver management presentations as needed
- Collect and use data to effectively contribute to future campaigns and evaluate the existing campaigns
- Keep on top of current trends in marketing
- Conceptualization and managing global merchandising program
- Coordinates Serrala User Summit meetings and marketing activities
- Coordinates Serrala participation for speaking and other marketing opportunities at regional meetings as directed
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or relevant education/experience
- At least 5 years of experience in a Marketing communications role
- Experience working within the SAP community (or other ERP) or Financial Automation Services is preferred; B2B is a must
- Strong knowledge of marketing automation tools and CRM systems – preferably Marketo and Salesforce
- Execution and support of marketing initiatives as well as production and administration; this includes the implementation, design, production, updates and maintenance of emailings, events and webinars
- Solid editorial capabilities
- Close collaboration with the Content & Communications as well as Sales team
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience working with the Marketo marketing automation software or similar
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience working with the Salesforce or a similar customer relationship management application
- Understanding of databases
- Strong collaborative style; experience developing and implementing email campaigns
- Solid writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A deep understanding of branding and design
- Proficient in MS Office
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, able to work independently, with a positive attitude
Serrala is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, general treatment during employment, termination, layoff, recall and leave of absence.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.