As a global B2B FinTech software company, Serrala helps organizations automate their complex finance processes to stay ahead of the curve. With locations in Europe, North America and Asia, our 700+ employees are dedicated to servicing our customers in all industry sectors, from medium-sized companies to global players. Our customers represent 20% of Fortune 500 and 50% of DAX 30 enterprises.
To achieve this aim, Serrala is currently looking to fill the following position in Chicago, IL
Click here to apply.
Senior HR Specialist
The Senior Human Resource (HR) Specialist assists in the administration of HR functions (e.g., benefits, on-boarding, off-boarding, employee correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry, compliance, employee relations, HR vendor relations, etc.). The Senior Human Resource (HR) Specialist also acts as a liaison between employees and the insurance broker to resolve benefits-related issues and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations. This position under the guidance of the Senior Human Resources Manager also ensures HR processes and procedures are administered in accordance with federal, state, and provincial regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Partner with the Recruiter to ensure all on-boarding processes are completed timely and accurately. Maintain related records.
- Conduct Welcome Day at Serrala - North America Corporate office or remotely to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefits plans, company policies and culture.
- Assist in the communication of health and welfare plans, including enrollments and terminations. Process required documents by partnering with payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions for the U.S. and Canada.
- Provide candidates and employees with benefit broker contact information on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefits decisions.
- Conduct or assist benefits broker in their administration of COBRA, as needed.
- Assist in preparation and communication of annual open enrollment period during the 4th quarter of each year by partnering with the broker as well as contacting employees to gauge their interest in various benefits plan.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Human Resources Manager arrange for distribution of benefits and 401(k) plan summary materials and required notices.
- Arrange on-site meeting and webcast by providers to discuss plan benefits, changes and incentives.
- Conduct employee presentations and training.
- Benefits Reconciliation Process- Review benefit insurance billings for accuracy, codes, and advances for payment. Resolve discrepancies with carriers, payroll, and the company. Complete reports for management, as requested.
- Assist with the ERISA benefits reporting requirements (5500, PCORI, Medicare Part D Letters).
- Assist in resolving employee complaints related to health and welfare plans by partnering with the broker, refer difficult or very complex complaints to Senior Human Resources Manager.
- Foster effective relationships with client representatives and vendors to ensure delivery of quality plans and services to Serrala.
- Act as a resource for payroll/HR contacts to ensure clarity and compliance with benefits and HR policies and regulations. Keep management advised of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
- Audits and maintains personnel files and creates new hire personnel files follow regulations.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Human Resource Manage plans, directs and administers various human resource programs.
- Manage projects of Office Administrators in North America to achieve organizational goals.
- Collaborate with management in career development programs and monitor completion of performance evaluations throughout the company.
- On-board and Off-board employees following established process and procedures.
- Provide support for the Reception Area, as needed.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential, preferred.
- Experience administering New Hire Orientation, on-boarding, and employee benefits.
- Experience with HRIS and payroll systems. ADP Preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Human Resources required.
- Minimum of 2 years of benefits administration experience required.
Serrala provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.