As a global B2B FinTech software company, Serrala helps organizations automate their complex finance processes to stay ahead of the curve. With locations in Europe, North America and Asia, our 700+ employees are dedicated to servicing our customers in all industry sectors, from medium-sized companies to global players. Our customers represent 20% of Fortune 500 and 50% of DAX 30 enterprises.
To achieve this aim, Serrala is currently looking to fill the following position
Senior SAP ABAP Product Developer
In this product development and management role, you will be integral in managing/developing SAP ABAP components of Serrala’s products and work closely with our functional product managers to realize and maintain top quality SAP-centric business process and information lifecycle management solutions, utilizing latest SAP technologies to solve our customer’s business needs. Serrala expects you to have solid background in ABAP development, development methodologies, and SAP-based product management know-how with a strong customer service and team-oriented attitude.
- Design, develop, manage, support and implement Serrala’s ABAP-based business process and information lifecycle management solutions.
- Prepare technical designs and test plans for product improvements or bug fixes and supports business process team for functional designs.
- Help manage Serrala’s ABAP development and testing infrastructure.
- Manage product lifecycle.
- Perform and document impact analyses and development estimates for change requests.
- Perform code review analyses and proactively maintain and apply coding standards
- Prepares or assist in the preparation of project plans and resource projections for activities performed within the framework of a given product feature request. This includes defining the task scope as well as preparing work plans for the task.
- Researches and tracks technical trends and products.
- Document the solutions and train others in administering the solution.
- This senior level ABAP developer should act as a "mentor" to individuals on a project by project basis. This includes performing program "walk-throughs" to ensure that the programmer is using sound programming techniques.
- Makes presentations or conducts training on new or changed systems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- SAP application development from basic ABAP through advanced technologies. A list of specific areas:
- Report writing using OO ALV and traditional ABAP lists.
- Development of re-usable APIs to perform business functions or provide data to other front-end interfaces (e.g. UI5)
- Classes / Interfaces and object oriented programming concepts
- External system communication via PI/PO, IDocs and RFC
- User exits, business add-ins (classic and kernel), and enhancements.
- Transactional and master data maintenance via BAPIs, BDCs and LSMW.
- Business Workflow.
- Adobe Interactive Form
- Exposure to Gateway development and SAP PI/PO experience is advantageous
- Must have solid SAP platform knowledge and be familiar with at least one SAP business area (e.g. FI, SD, MM, HR).
- Must demonstrate aptitude for designing and developing modular and maintainable solutions
- Must have managed SAP-centric software product lifecycles.
- Relational Database Design.
- Use of Agile methodologies in software development lifecycle.
- Change management, transports and source code control.
- Must demonstrate high enthusiasm and good business aptitude.
- Must have ability to effectively articulate a solution.
- Preferably has some functional know-how in Accounts Payable, MM-Purchasing, Accounts Receivable, Order Management, Sales and Distribution, HR or in other key business processes.
Required Experience and Education:
- BA / BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Three (3) years or more professional experience
- Three (3) years in ABAP development
- People who succeed in this role usually display:
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- good customer interaction skills
- excellent team playing capabilities
- strong technical know-how in at least one major discipline (FI, CO, SD, MM, or HR)
Desired Experience and Education:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Three (3) years Business Workflow programming
- Over one (1) year experience with Oracle or MS SQL databases
- SAP BASIS know-how
Serrala provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you want to be part of a team of motivated talented and experienced coworkers, we look forward to receiving your application, including salary expectations and availability to Victor Flores at email@example.com