As a global B2B FinTech software company, Serrala helps organizations automate their complex finance processes to stay ahead of the curve. With locations in Europe, North America and Asia, our 700+ employees are dedicated to servicing our customers in all industry sectors, from medium-sized companies to global players. Our customers represent 20% of Fortune 500 and 50% of DAX 30 enterprises.
To achieve this aim, Serrala is currently looking to fill the following position. Click here to apply on LinkedIn.
Sr. SAP BASIS Administrator | Remote, North America
The Sr. SAP Basis Administrator's responsibilities include implementing, configuring, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the SAP system landscape. The role requires an in-depth knowledge of the underlying technical platform and its individual components as well as and exceptional troubleshooting and problem resolution skillset
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor all SAP systems. This would include work processes, load scheduling, memory usage, database bottlenecks, system logs, short dumps, table locks, update tasks, tRFC queues, as well as disk and table space.
- Install, configure, and maintain all required SAP database and application servers for the various instances that constitute a normal SAP landscape (development, test, and production), including printing subsystems, spool devices, and ADS servers.
- Perform SAP client administration (create client, copy client, delete client, export/import client) as required.
- Perform database upgrades, database reorganizations, monitor database storage and performance, and implement a backup and restore strategy.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate all routine maintenance activities including upgrades, support packages, OSS notes, kernel upgrades, parameter settings, and other SAP related changes. Ensure that all security related OSS notes and patches are applied on a timely basis. Actively participate in the change management process by working directly with other infrastructure groups, application support, and project teams.
- Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing and monitoring the SAP Change and Transport System (CTS) to ensure all transport requests are promoted properly through the landscape in order to minimize risk and maximize system reliability, availability, and performance.
- Manage and distribute the server workload and optimize the settings to maximize system performance and availability.
- Manage SAP users, authorizations, and profiles.
- Ensure our SAP systems are compliant with both internal and external audit, security and vulnerability requirements.
- Set-up and maintain Oracle Data Guard for disaster recovery (DR) systems and periodic DR compliance testing.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in SAP Basis Administration.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience with SAP Basis activities (on both ECC and S/4 HANA landscapes) such as designing and implementing landscapes, transport management, client strategies, capacity planning, backup and recovery strategies, storage systems, SAP upgrades, OS/DB migration, system refreshes, client copies, OSS note application, and Basis administration.
- Strong background in SQL Server/HANA 1.0/HANA 2.0 Database Administration including performance monitoring, query analysis, database tuning, sizing, HA/DR, and storage/disk design.
- Experience enabling/activating and troubleshooting SAP native FIORI apps.
- Comfortable working with OSS through both support notes and active participation with OSS support staff to remediate system issues on a day-to-day situation as well as during critical upgrade/installation procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Redhat Linux, SUSE Linux and Windows operating systems including performance monitoring and tuning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work individually or as member of a small team, are essential requirements.
- Comfortable maintaining an array of SAP systems at various release levels ranging from 4.6B through ECC 6.0 Ehp8 and all releases of S/4 HANA.
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- SSO implementation experience
- Experience with Litespeed software
- Experience performing standard maintenance activities on SAP Cloud Platform tenants such as user maintenance and authorization assignment.
Serrala is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, general treatment during employment, termination, layoff, recall and leave of absence.