Sunset Legacy Systems to Reduce Risk and Facilitate Reporting and Audit Responses
Keeping legacy systems operational just to maintain historical information is expensive. Legacy systems are difficult to maintain, take up valuable space and require specialized expertise to operate. Given the increasingly stringent regulatory environment and increase in data breaches globally, legacy systems also put a company at risk because they are not as secure as modern systems. Despite these challenges, many companies choose to keep these systems operational because they are still needed for audit and fiscal reporting purposes.
The Legacy Archiving Framework enables organizations to retain data and documents from legacy systems so those systems can be retired. The solution helps companies maintain compliance with their enterprise information lifecycle management (ILM) strategies and enable them to simplify the planning, execution, and reporting around decommissioning legacy systems.
Key capabilities of the Legacy Archive Framework:
- Proven decommissioning and archive tools and technology, with flexible options for the migration and storage of decommissioned data
- Centralized tools for managing data and document retention periods to facilitate compliance with any regulatory or audit requirements
- Easy access to decommissioned data directly from SAP applications, minimizing the need for additional training and change management
- Single archive-repository that can be accessed from SAP applications or other archive-enabled solutions
- Provides a repeatable methodology for decommissioning other legacy SAP and non-SAP systems