Lower IT Cost and Complexity by Migrating Archived Data and Documents to More Efficient Storage
The Storage Migration Toolkit enables companies to quickly and easily move archived information from one ArchiveLink repository to another. Companies use the solution to reduce the cost and complexity of their IT environment by consolidating archived information from multiple repositories into a single repository or by moving information to newer, more efficient repositories, including Cloud-based archive storage options.
Benefits of the Storage Migration Toolkit
- Automate the migration of archived information to let your IT team focus on other tasks
- Leverage standardized tools that migrate information according to information management best practices
- Maintain the integrity of archived information with a solution that preserves the relationship between objects during migration such as multipage vs. single page TIFFs, KPro parent/child relations, SAPOffice documents, Pre-4.5
SAP Data Archiving links, text notes, or unicode issues during migration.
- Avoid vendor lock-in with a software solution that can be used to flexibily move data between any ArchveLink repository.
- Reduce IT costs and effort by moving archived information into a single or more efficient archive repository
The solution resides completely within the SAP system environment and requires no installation at the operating system level on either the SAP application server, existing archive server or the new archive server. The IT team can review information before migration and perform a volume analysis of various ArchiveLink scenarios. The migration can be scheduled as background job, so the process is seamless to business users. The solution has a built-in failsafe, so that the data integrity is maintained in the case there is a system interruption or timeouts. Once the migration is completed, the solution automatically compares the source and target components.